Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Let the GIVEAWAY fun begin!!!


This Giveaway is now CLOSED!  
I'll post the winners tomorrow night as it is after midnight now so I'm off to bed!

Well, it is twenty minutes to midnight here in Brisbane, Australia, so by the time I finish this post and upload a photo it will probably be 4 February.  

So....... (drum roll please), It gives me great pleasure to declare that the Purple Paisley Patch contribution to Katy's Great International Stash Busting Giveaway is now up for grabs!

This giveaway will be open until midnight on 6 February, so that should give everyone enough time to get an entry in.

The fabric below is up for grabs, together with what other odds and ends I find to add to the parcel.
To enter, just comment on this post, but make it interesting for me by telling me something about yourself.  Tell me anything you like, it might be your favourite quilt block, favourite fabric designer, favourite colour, how many and what type of pets you have, favourite book, favourite movie, something about yourself that you think is interesting - whatever you like!  Please make sure I can get in touch with you if you are the lucky winner.

When the clock strikes midnight on 5 February the Giveaway will be closed and I will draw a winner when I crawl out of bed on 6 February.  I'm hoping to do this using the random number generator thingy that I've heard about, but failing that, numbers will go in a hat (or some sort of container) and I will referee a fight between my two children to see who gets to draw the number out.  Of course, then I will have to have another giveaway in the near future so the other child gets to draw a number out of the hat.  Not that they are at all competitive!!!! LOL

All right, enough of my rambling, it is almost midnight!  Don't forget to go to Katy's blog to see who else is taking part in the Giveaway.

GOOD LUCK!

106 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh goodness! Those are beautiful patterns! I would love to win!
I just recently began sewing in the last couple of months and I am TOTALLY addicted. I crave it! ha!

Thanks

beingparticular(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

what beautiful patterns. LOVE them, so count me in for the giveaway (I'm sure that is really greedy of me, especially as it was my idea in the first place, I should probably sit out, right? No chance!)

Hmm. Something about me. Um. I'm a really dull person, aren't I? ha ha. Ok, I only got into quilting last year, through a friend of mine and I am addicted. I have so much I want to learn, and to try. My favourite block has to be pinwheels - I love them, really love them.

Ariane said...

I love your fabric. Please enter me in your giveaway. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I just started quilting last August and I have made 3 quilts and have 3 quilts in progress. So you can see I'm addicted. I love to make scrap quilts. Mixing fabrics is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Oh my giddy aunt, what gorgeous yellows and blues!! I would love to sign up for your giveaway. :D Will post the comment and then add you to my feed list......

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I forgot to leave the piece of info about myself. I am an expat Aussie in Singapore who should sleep more and actually execute all the quilts I plan. The more sleep part would help with my brain being off in lala land at the moment.....

Unknown said...

I love the fabric. I just started sewing since November and have become addicted. My favorite color is purple, movie Harold and Maude, book Animal Farm.

Thanks
Shean

Carrie said...

Hi! thanks for visiting my blog. I am too impatient to make quilts but I like making little stuff, like change purses, coasters, dolls, etc. Enter me! Thx.

Becky said...

Hi. I love your blog - so colorful. And I especially like the penguin bag! Thanks for entering me in the stash giveaway.

I dabble in lots of crafty things. Quilting is my current favorite. I love cats and gardening and rainy days. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello: I love your giveaway fabrics, they are really cute. So please count me for your giveaway. I'll be posting tomorrow, the 4th here in US. this is my third year quilting, and I'm working in a wagon wheel quilt at the moment, and I'm loving it. Pinwheels are also fun, I enjoy making them as well as rose buds. I hope to see you tomorrow...

Momilani510 said...

well, there's really not much interesting with me...ok, I LOVE the color yellow (which I noticed you have some there...) I love to craft, some sewing (little things I can finish in a day, like bags & softees...)I am a hula teacher & my first & most important job is a stay at home mom...wow, I guess babbling is a gift for me as well :) I would love to be in your giveaway & thanks for letting me babble a bit! Happy blogging!

Andrea said...

I love the colours! Thanks for sharing...I've started quilting a year ago, and am so hooked! If only I could quilt all day and there were no blogs to read and get caught up in!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me enter the giveaway!

I love sewing, I just learned how last year!

maumauisginger(at)gmail(dot)com

Maxine said...

Please enter me!

Now for something about me,hmmm. My favourite muffin is lemon and poppy seed, I love yellow, and sunflowers and dasies are my favourite flowers - enough?

Unknown said...

Yummo Kel! Hmmm, something about me...I'm going fabric shopping on the 15th with a good friend??? (really should mention that to Leigh at some stage, hey!)

Karissa said...

What sweet fabrics!
I am addicted to quilting, and my new love is everything Anna Maria Horner. Her fabrics are amazing!

Stacey said...

hi, i am new to quilting so i do not have any thing i love yet except for quilting!! i would love to learn how to free motion quilt easier, not much luck with that this week
Stacey
luv2knit@roadrunner.com

amummy said...

Thanks for offering the giveaway.

I have only recently started sewing again after doing a bit at high school. I have fabrics to start my first quilt but am too scare to cut them out.
http://amummy.myhabari.net

stampgram said...

Great fabrics! This is so fun..."Out with the old, in with the new"...stash-busting, what a nice concept for a bloggy swap. Count me in, and come by and join my giveaway.

Selina said...

Hey there fellow Brisbanite! Love your giveaway, very pretty! It's hard to pick something interesting about myself... how about I absolutely love chenille. I have been known to have dreams about chenille, just floating around. Very strange, I know! Check out my giveaway package.
Selina.

Sonya said...

Yessiree, I'm in! Goodness, who would have thought giving fabric away could be so much fun! I'm doing it too. Can't wait to see if i win something - ooh, and great blog, by the way :o)
Toodles,
~Sonya

Bec Clarke said...

Those lovely fabrics would be nice a quilt I think.
About me... I only have 7 weeks until my new baby arrives and I am terrified as I have a very active toddler about to turn 2. He is a good boy really but I am worried he will not like having to share me.

Beth said...

Count me in!

Unknown said...

While you are dying of heat in Australia I am freezing my tail of in Alaska! which is worse?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly
Lovely fabrics, very useful for doll clothes which I am in the middle of making. My youngest of 2 asked me to help make some clothes for a doll for her cousin. That means I will do the sewing when she picks the patterns.
Another interesting fact is today is my 44th birthday.
Lynda
lyndat65@tpg.com.au

Sue said...

Those are very nice patterns. Please add me to the giveaway list.

Christy said...

sweet colors and patterns! thanks for sharing your stash!

sewfunky said...

I love to sew... is that interesting enough? Check out my blog to be more interested! ;)

Please enter me in the draw and don't forget to enter my draw for 7 fat quarters! :)

http://sew-funky.blogspot.com

Sue Cahill said...

Love the fabrics. I have the most amazing dog, a goofy, sad sack Basset Hound that is a certified Therapy dog. We take him to work with kids with disabilities and to nursing homes and he is awesome.

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Dayna said...

Love the choices. Are you including us USA residents in your giveaway? I have just finished getting together washable suiting in plaids and pinstripes plus bright washable brocades and will be starting a quilt combining the two. I love color and texture!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fabric...and something about me...I will be celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary next month!

Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

Becky said...

Those are beautiful fabrics. Some thing about myself? Hmmm I am a grandmother of 7 and and I am only 44 LOL. Stepchildren do that. But they also give me lots of projects that I want to make for them.

Thanks so much!

cassandrah said...

Gorgeous fabrics!

Natalie Hennekam said...

Ohhhh, so so so pretty!
Please count me in :-)

Codi said...

id love to win these, my email is codiandtim@gmail.com

*Meg Larsen* said...

First off, I love all that yellow.

Something about me? Well, I'm currently reading Pride & Prejudice--my first ever Jane Austen novel, even though I consider myself a book fanatic. Word is still out on whether i like it.

Selina said...

Beautiful fabrics! I love quilting. I just learnt to free motion quilt and now can't seem to stop!

Digital Misfit said...

Beautiful stash! I love the colors.
I bought a sewing machine last May and started sewing for the first time in 17 years. I havent stopped!
I mainly make jointed dolls and bags, but I love to experiment!
hugs!
Heidi
heidig@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love them! Check my giveaway out as well!

Amy said...

What lovely fabrics. My random fact it that yellow was my favourite colour from age 4 to 14. A long time for one colour.

Unknown said...

Hi I am Vanessa - currently living in the UK but hubby is working in far flung countries so we may follow him soon - a little nervous about that as I would have to leave my stash behind !!!
I love sewing (of all types) and crocheting - please count me in to your draw !
HUGS and thanks - Vanessa

Homemade by Margy said...

Like that stash, I would like to enter your giveaway.

Tacha said...

Oh yes please! What fun this giveaway is!

Tacha said...

Oops something about me. I learnt quilting when I was living in the US about 8 years ago now. I am now completely hooked. My family think it is hilarious as I gave up sewing as quickly as I could at school!

Anonymous said...

hmm...well i'm a sucker for romantic comedy movies. i read only comic novels. i guess you can see a pattern there...i like to have a bit of comedy in my boring life to keep things lively and interesting.

texan_michael(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Debbie said...

Hi Pls pop me in the draw, I love to win.

Debbie said...

Hi I forgot to add my email, and something about myself. I live on the Sunshine Coast and have lived there for 20 years, originally from Ballarat. I love sewing and never seem to have enough time. I am a nurse and work in the Psych unit in Nambour. I have 4 children all girls. I have to work tonight so I'd better get ready. Thanks for a opportunity to win.

Melanie said...

fabulous ! count me in the draw please :)
mel xx

x.melanie.x@msn.com
check my blog for my giveaway as part of One World One Heart

Vanessa said...

i love all things crafty, but anything having to do with fabric is my favorite! love to be entered in your give away!

Anonymous said...

maybe I will be lucky it is my birthday on the 7th Feb.

I will also draw my give away of three items on the same day.

Thanks for having it.

cheers
Christine

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love your fabrics. Funny thing is I don't really quilt but I do patchwork and lots of applique and embrodiery.

Leah said...

What a fabulous selection of prints - please count me in for the draw.

One thing about me - I'm a Brown Belt in Kickboxing (one away from Black) which is not bad for an ageing, overweight, unfit mother of 2!!

Leah x

Holly said...

Well something about me...

By night I may be an avid crafter and sewer, but by day I'm a mild-mannered bus driver! With hand sewing out at the station while I wait to pick up passengers of course.

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Lois said...

Would love to have a chance of winning, i have been patchworking for many years now in between working to feed my addiction. Alao i make quilts and bits and pieces for the elderly. Please could you put me in the draw.

Megan Chamberlain said...

I love your fabrics, please enter my name in your giveaway draw. I have just moved from Cape Town, South Africa to London, UK so all my stuff is in storage for 6 months (so sad, I need a fabric fix) and my 4 kitties are flying out to join me next week.

bubbachenille said...

Hi please enter e in the draw, I love chenille and like to mix different fabrics and embellishements with my chenille creations

AJ said...

Please count me in!

Lilly said...

I love the fabrics, so lovely.

I'm from Brazil and my mother is from Japan. My favorite movie is Spirited Away a japanese anime film.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic fabrics! Nice to "meet"
you, I too live in Ontario Canada, we're blanketed in snow here, middle of winter. You could say we have a long quilting season.
After making a large Kimono quilt block quilt last year, I enjoying making many smaller projects now. Thanks for putting my name in your draw.
DianeH
laura84watt@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This will be great bright and shiny fabric for the blankets I often make for the children of orphange Almaz Ashene, in Addis Ababa Ethiopia were my youngest son lived before we adopted him.
Personal I like blue fabrics so your giveaway will be a GIFT to me!

Sonja

Anonymous said...

Hi greetings from Perth; nice to see a quilter and blogger from Australia. The fabric is lovely and it would be a thrill to win. I have five children and now that they are all grown I can indulge in my favourite pastime of quilting. email: s.downes@murdoch.edu.au Cheers Sam

alobsiger said...

Hello, hello! Love your fabric giveaway. Hmm, something interesting? Let's see, I'm absolutely freezing having just returned from the bus stop and it's 8F out there. I have 2 dogs--they are both Boston terrier/Australian shepherd mixes and they look nothing alike. :-) Cheers and thanks!

domoshar said...

Hi, I love this fabrics and enjoy the sun that finally managed to show today, my hair is going in every direction possible right now as it curls and I am too busy checking fabulous blog, to bother with it :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog and please tell me something for yourself or your creations to enter the giveaway ;) http://domoshar.com

dottycookie said...

What a beautiful giveaway - I'd love to be entered (and thanks for entering mine!).

Something interesting, oh blimey. I used to go snowboarding every weekend when I lived in the US, and now I'm in rural Cambridgeshire in the UK, my neighbours don't believe me when I tell them!

Vicki said...

I have 2 Scottish Fold kitties named Fergie and Jordie who are always helping ans supervising me when I do my quilting. Please count me in on your wonderful draw.

::: said...

Love your choice!
My name is Sardana, I was born in Siberia, now living in Salzburg, Austria, and I am fabric addicted.

Casey said...

enter me!! Something about me, I just recently started sewing but I have soo many things on my to-do list already!

Lisa Samples said...

Pink is my favoritLisa
Mom of 2 Boys, Wife of 1
lisa(dot)samples(at)gmail.come color...

Pauline Perh said...

Hm....something interesting.... This happened when I was about 8mth pregnanted with my girl. One day, I was working on the table as usual when I felt a sudden jerk on my tummy and was virtually pushed away from the table. I guessed I must have pressed my big tummy too hard against the table :P

VintageCrafter said...

Up until now I have been a glue gun and velcro kind of sewer! I am trying (sometimes with dire consequences) to learn to sew on my own. I would love to actually have some pretty fabric to bleed on...
*smiles*
Carol
caoconnell2@shaw.ca

Anya said...

Thanks for the great giveaway. RIght now I am obsessed with making Dear Jane blocks and with collecting selvages.

Anonymous said...

something interesting about me - i speak 6 languages! very nice fabrics! please enter me.

fertawert AT yahoo DOT com

AlwaysInspired said...

Wonderful giveaway!
I have a spoiled rotten dog that you can see in my avatar!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

These are all gorgeous! Thanks for the chance! And my favorite color is green!

Canarella said...

Yummy colors count me in

Dolores said...

Hi. I am mom to five wonderful adults - two are married and I have no grandchildren yet. I have spent the past 10 years going to school and now I have 2 diplomas, a BA and a masters. My time is now my own to do what I want and I want to quilt and sew. I would love to win your fabric. Just what I need to get going on a creative project. A quilt, a bag, some fabric collage... The possibilities are endless.
Thank you, Dolores

Deanna said...

love the fabrics!

count me in!

deanna

Cathi said...

Those are wonderful fabrics. I'm from Ontario, Canada. We share our home with two large kitties, Lester and Smudge.

Annette said...

Pretty fabrics. About myself?...my favorite color is yellow. The most exciting thing about me is that I'm about to become a grandmother for the first time. I'm so happy.

Jenna Z said...

Oooh, lovely coordinates! I will tell you a little random fact about my sewing habits: I have never kept a quilt that I have made. :) I am working right now on the very first quilt that is FOR ME!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, count me in! :) My name is Karen, I'm from beautiful Newfoundland & Labrador (though not so beautiful in the winter, haha), and I love to create. I love to sew, embroider, paint, anything that keeps my hands busy. I am earning my BA through university correspondence/online and plan to be a primary/elementary school teacher. :)

Unknown said...

I just started sewing at 48! I'm loving learing to make so many things. I'm working on my first quilt. I want to make quilts to leave for my family just like my grandmother did!
Please enter me! Thanks for the chance to win! southerner@aol.com

Sam said...

Lovely fabrics! About me: I feel ashamed that I've been quilting for years and have yet to finish one truly honest-to-goodness done quilt. I'm getting closer, though! And they're all HUGE and hand-quilted, so that's not all bad, right? RIGHT?

Sarah said...

oh such pretty patterns.
I just started enjoying sewing and this inspires me to continue.
I hope I win. :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful - I love it. Crossing my fingers...
I've only been sewing for about 9 months, and one of my resolutions this year is to make my first quilt!

Jana Nielson said...

All of the fabric goodness is starting to make my head spin a little!
Pick me! I love the fabric!

Willnnabel said...

I am in Michigan, I have 3 Yorkies, Bailey, Nuala, and Cookie. Also three children Steph, John, and Kim. Kim is 19 and wants to make a quilt. If I am lucky she may get a start!

willnnabel@cavtel.net

Debbe said...

Hello Australia, the fabrics are great! So glad I can enter...I love yellow!! Thanks for signing up on my blog too!!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Yes please - throw my name in the hat! lol Interesting? I'm a crazy quilter and have four dogs, four cats, a horse, one sheep and a bunch of chickens!
Hugs,
Kerry
kerrykatiecakeskeb43@gmail.com
http://kerrykatiecakes2.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Oh, wow. Something interesting. I'm pretty boring anymore, but I do have braces on my teeth. (And I'm 33, so it's a little unusual.)

Brooke said...

Please count me in!

And about me...I treat my cats as if they were human and can't resist chocolate. :-)

sfer said...

Oh, yummy yummy fabric!! Thanks for giving international people a chance :-)

If you want to know something interesting about myself, I will tell you that I'm from Barcelona, but that I studied English language and literature at university. Actually, David Malouf (Australian) is one of my favorite writers, along with Toni Morrison and Alessandro Baricco (I would recommend "Sula" by Morrison and "Silk" by Baricco to EVERYONE ON EARTH!!). I also read some other Australian literature... I really liked a book by Alexis Wright called "Plains of Promise". I'll have to check if she has other novels, because I think this was pretty much her first one...

Anyway. Am I talking too much? Well... you shouldn't have asked!

Thanks again for counting me in!

Contact:librosfera(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Isn't this giveaway thing fun?! My name is Sandi and I'm from Wisconsin, USA. I can't choose a single favorite book because I own over 1,000. My favorites include Ender's Game, the Anne of Green Gables books, The Time Traveler's Wife, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy." Thanks for the opportunity to win your fabrics!

Esther said...

can I join in please. Purple is my colour so I love your blog name.. even my kitchen is purple.. well lilac anyway.

Janet said...

Beautiful fabric. I'm from Oklahoma find myself drawn to fabric with pictures (especially children)like Dick and Jane and the lil cowpokes.

Marilyn said...

This is such a sweet collection!
Currently, my favorite quilt blocks are log cabins--all varieties.
Thanks for adding my name for a chance in your drawing.

Kim Reid said...

Please enter me in your great giveaway - I love all kinds of needlework, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet and sewing! Thank you, Kim

kimberlybreid@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Debi in Colorado here. I have so little fabric so this stash giveaway event is fabulous! I want to make some tote bags so am looking for new fabrics. Thanks so much for the chance at your goodies!

Unknown said...

Love your collection! I'm Amy, mom to 4 and quilter at heart :) I've been read a book about the Gee's Bend quilters lately - interesting bit of history!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

These are ever so pretty!!! Please add me...m

Re said...

I'm having so much fun blog-hopping and making friends this year.

I'd make totes, an apron, journal covers, and whatever is left little wristlets or coin bags. I'm new to crafting but I love love love the creative outlet. I'm just getting comfortable with myself and enjoying the fun of it all.

Thanks for such a generous giveaway! I hope I'm chosen as the lucky winner!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'd lvoe to be entered!

Something interesting about me? I lived in Libya as a child and I just started quilting in October.

jackieDOTkATcomcastDOTnet

Sherry said...

I love your stash!! I love yellow, it makes me smile. I love the color of your blog too, I've never seen anyone else with a purple blog. Love it!

Thanks for the chance!
Sherry

maggie fellow said...

I'm wishing there was something interesting to tell. I'm from Indiana, have 5 children, been married for 34 years, my only daughter is getting married this summer. thanks for offering-
--maggie
http://www.stampingwithmaggie.com

Lisa W. said...

I would love to be entered to win. Thank you! :-) I am also having a giveaway that is part of the OWOH giveaway and would love for you to stop by and enter. :-)

Anonymous said...

Such fun! One of my favourite films is Spirited Away - I'm also quite partial to Lost in Translation, and Murder By Death. I have a house filled with cats and dogs. I'm a crafty animal lover with a sweet tooth. You can find me on my blog ♥

moiraeknittoo said...

OK, even more fabulous to me? Is finding a whole bunch of blogs to read! As someone newly interested in this whole sewing/quilting thing, I am loving finding new blogs to read via this giveaway. I'll be back to read for sure, regardless of whether or not I'm a winner in any of the giveaways!